Post Planting Planter Storage
As growers finish planting their summer crop and are about to unhook the planter and send the tractor onto its next job , the following couple of points will help ensure your planter can perform at its best next season.
- Remove seed plates from meters and give the meter a quick blow out with some air. Removing the seed plate ensures the vacumn seal doesn’t stay compressed for a long period of time and helps it maintain its flexibility. Blowing the meters out will discourage vermin from entering the seed meter looking for food.
- Leave the planter raised on its stands if you have seed firmers attached. This prevents the firmer from staying in a prolonged bent state. Alternatively you can remove the seed firmers prior to storage.
- Download any required information from monitor.
- Consider spreading mice bait around planter if you anticipate mice/rats being a problem.
- While it’s still fresh in your memory , note any problems/issues you had during the season or parts/upgrades you require before the next season.
- Flush all Vapply and Flowsense systems with water to cleanse lines/modules.
- Drain cleansweep/furrow force compressor tank to remove any condensation.
- Remove seed from hoppers so as not to attract vermin.