Planter Inspection Service
PSSAG are introducing an on-farm comprehensive Planter Pre-Season Inspection service to ensure when the rains come your planter is ready to plant. Some planters may of been sitting idle for some time resulting in vacuum seals and chains stiffening. Other well used planters may be suffering from excessive parallel arm bush wear or worn discs. Either way its most important that when the time is right to plant your planter will function at 100% of its ability ensuring seed placement and population is correct.
For $35.00 per row + GST we will conduct the following
- Check w bracket for cracks and loose Ubolts
- Check parallel arm bushes for wear
- Check shank and seed tube guard for wear, cracks.
- Check downforce system – springs, airbag, hydraulic.
- Check seed hopper for cracking at mounting points, latches set properly and at correct tension.
- Check meters for wear -singulator, brushes, extractor, vacuum, seal, disk.
- Inspect seed tubes for wear and test functionality with multi tester.
- Remove gauge wheels and discs to measure disc openers for wear and bearing status.+
- Check gauge wheel clearance, socket arm bushing wear & mud scraper wear.
- Inspect drive system chains, shafts, sprockets, bearings, gearbox, tyres.
- Inspect closing system wheel bearings, wheel wear, tail assembly bush wear.
- Vacuum system check of tubing, hoses and gauge calibration.
- Planter harness inspection.
- Optional on farm testing of meters on our test stand for an additional $40.00 per meter - You can then witness exactly how well your meter singulates and what can be done to improve this.
After completion we will provide you with a written report regarding what needs to be replaced, repaired, adjusted prior to planting. Parts and labour costs will be itemised for your own perusal. PSSAG are also available to complete any works if required. If your planter is fitted with a Precision Planting SRM based system, we can discuss options to suit your needs outside of the above planter inspection. This may include health checks and software upgrades.
NB: There will be no travel charged for planters booked in before the end of February 2020.
+ Removal of gauge wheels on row units may require additional charge if seized.
* Will require a tractor to lift planter to complete full inspection.